LED Lighting and Onsite Solar Installations
Congress passed a new energy law that calls for the phasing out of the incandescent light bulb over 60 watts which took effect in 2012. As a result of the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, the new LED light bulb has been created to satisfy the following requirements:
- Reduce energy intensity and greenhouse gas emissions
- Increase the use and efficiency of renewable energy technologies
- Adopt sustainable design practices
- Reduce petroleum use in federal fleets
- Alternative to incandescent and fluorescent light sources and do not contain mercury
As a result, BDS and its partners are in position to help support the millions of businesses and federal government agencies who are current programming into their budgets or preparing to execute their budgets for an acquisition of new lighting for their facilities in order to become compliant with the new energy laws. LED light sources contain no mercury and only produce 4 watts of energy providing a tremendous cost savings as over 30% of energy costs are electricity related. These installations of both LED lighting and onsite solar will increase our customers bottom line and net operating income.